Sailing and Exploring Phuket, Thailand!
Time & Location
About The Event
These are private All-Inclusive trips. Everything on the yacht is covered for 7 days and 7 nights. You pick the dates and we do all the planning to make sure you have an amazing time with your friends and family!
What is Included in this Trip:
- Enjoy the food for Breakfast, Lunch and a few Dinners. Drinks are also included, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, for 7 days. All costs of food and drinks on the yacht are included. Also, hop off the boat at exotic island locations for some amazing dinners on the islands and keys.
- Each 2-person cabin has a double-sized bed for 7 nights on the yacht. In addition, you can slumber on the deck and enjoy stars like you’ve never seen them before. We will be anchored in protected locations every night.
- Tons of Fun Activities! Enjoy Swimming, Hiking and Exploring to your heart’s content. Plus enjoy, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding, Snorkeling at no extra cost.
- Go Swimming and Scuba-diving (rental fees apply) with many kinds of ocean life in probably the most beautiful location in Asia. Could see Shark’s, Spotted Eagle Rays, Dolphins, Sea Turtles, Glowing Algae (Glowing Bio-luminescence), and even Octopus!
- The water is teal blue and has amazing coral reefs and islands. Most of the water we will be sailing in is very warm. So most days you will be able to see very far in the ocean!
- Fishing (trolling) off the back of the yacht (Permit is required and fees apply). There are many different types of fish in Thailand including Wahoo, Spotted Eagle Rays, Sargo, Yellowtail Grunt, Green Jack, Blue-Spotted Jack, Bigeye Jack, Mexican Hogfish, and much more.
- At night we will be anchoring/mooring near islands, keys, or reefs and enjoy the calm water in protected locations from waves. People can literally jump off the boat and swim to shore wherein some of the locations we will have dinner at the local resorts/restaurants/bars. We even have a dingy that we will use to get to and from shore for those who want to stay dry.
- You can Learn the Basics of Sailing with an introduction to sailing with Captain Charlie! You will also receive Study Materials.
What is NOT included in the price of the trip:
- Your flight to Placencia, Belize (Please wait until Captain Charlie contacts you before booking your flight.)
- Hotel before and after the sailing trip (Again, please wait until Captain Charlie contacts you before booking your hotel.)
- Any extra activities such as scuba diving, kiteboarding, etc.
- Any meals or drinks outside of the yacht.
- You are crew on this trip. No chef is aboard this yacht trip. We will have a set menu but we will need people to contribute to the cooking and cleaning.
- Tips & gratuities
Description Of Your Vacation:
Nestled in the heart of Southeast Asia, Thailand is endowed with unparalleled tropical island beauty. Of its four distinct regions, the southern peninsula reaches of the country are of the most interest to sailors. The cruising grounds off the east coast of the island of Phuket are among the finest anywhere.
Towering pinnacles of limestone jut from the emerald-colored and sheltered waters of Phang-nga Bay. To the south, the famous Phi Phi Islands stand as jewels of the Andaman Sea. More than 130 picturesque isles lie within the province of Krabi alone, and the offshore marine preserves of the Similan and Surin islands are internationally famous as one of the world’s top scuba diving sites. A Phuket cruising vacation offers a multitude of scenic and secure anchorages, pristine white-sand beaches, rugged uninhabited islands, and lively nightlife and resorts. The warm, hospitable people of Thailand enhance the enjoyment of a Phuket yacht charter, making the offshore adventure all the more memorable in a nation often called the Land of Smiles.
The waters off Phuket’s east coast are situated in a protected swath of the Andaman Sea, ensuring excellent and safe cruising all year long. There is a wet and a dry season, all based on the monsoons that influence the weather and wind directions. On Thailand’s west coast, the northeast monsoon begins in November, ushering in light to moderate northeasterly winds between 10 and 20 knots, cooler temperatures, and drier conditions. In May, the southwest monsoon begins. Southwesterly winds gradually strengthen to more than 20 knots at the peak of the rainy season, which occurs in September and October. In most other rainy season months, it only rains for a couple of hours during the late afternoon. Daytime temperatures average 89°F from July through February, and 61°F at night. It’s hotter March through June. The tidal range can exceed eight feet, which creates swift tidal currents in narrow channels. Navigation is often line-of-sight. However, a careful eye on the chart and GPS is advised because of the numerous coral reefs. A Phuket charter vacation is well within the reach of captains confident in basic coastal navigation.
The water is extraordinarily clear most days with an average visibility of 100 feet or more on a sunny day. This is an adventure water wonderland for Thailand diving enthusiasts, snorkelers, fishermen, and kayakers.
A Phuket yacht charter unfolds in an exotic part of the world with stunning scenery and easy passages, which is what makes cruising in Phang-nga Bay and the Andaman Sea so appealing. Secluded coves fringed with majestic limestone cliffs and pristine white-sand beaches indent many of the islands, and just offshore are coral reefs resplendent in hues of brown, orange, green, and blue. Marine parks set aside as natural preserves to protect the tropical birds and abundant sea life make exploring these waters a voyage into an unspoiled paradise. Enjoying the culture and savoring the local cuisine is a delightful aspect of a Phuket cruising vacation, as is the snorkeling and scuba diving. For charter guests interested in nightlife, Phuket is known as Thailand’s premier resort island.
If you do the figures yourself you will realize that you will not only get the trip of a lifetime but you will see the value as well. You get the cost of the yacht (which is amazing by the way, we try to find the nicest, newest, and most tricked out yacht available), all the expenses they don't tell you about will be covered. Like fuel, fresh water, insurance, mooring and park fees, kayak, paddleboard, snorkels, masks, and fins. The experiences are also included like swimming and exploring with animal life in these amazing locations. Not to mention all the food we will be providing for you! If you went to Thailand on your own and tried to pay for everything individually you will notice you will probably pay similar if not more for a similar experience.
This trip is worth every penny because you will be on a beautiful new private sailing yacht in the most beautiful locations in the world and enjoying delicious meals and lovely company. You will be seeing and in some cases swimming with some of the most beautiful sea animals.
You can, if you want, be sailing, working the lines and steering the yacht. You will enjoy the adventure that is sailing! By the time you leave the Yacht you will have a great understanding of how to sail your own yacht in these similar locations. Not to mention an amazing experience that will last a lifetime!
Your Captain and Crew:
I pride myself on being fun, entertaining, and energetic! This is a passion for me and not a job. I do this because I love sailing, the ocean and ocean life, and for that matter, just having fun! I hope you can catch the sailing bug too. There is something for everyone on this trip! You will experience adventure, excitement, beauty, and life energizing fulfillment! I promise that you will learn something new every day about who you are and what you can accomplish! I learn something new every time I take one of these trips. This is the best adventures anyone can have in some of the best destinations in the world!
You can learn the latest sailing tools, techniques, and technologies from a US Coast Guard Certified Captain. I have been a sailor for more than 35 years and have over 1200 days of sailing experience. I’ve sailed many different types of sailing yachts in many locations around the world.
Back in San Francisco, I teach sailing. On this trip, you can also learn the basics of sailing including how to tack, jibe, anchor, tie knots, heave to and much more. You will be sailing, sleeping and, pretty much, living aboard a boat for 7 days. We will be Island and Coastal hopping; anchoring near each Island, Reef, and Cove. Enjoying what each location has to offer including island restaurants and other local adventures and entertainment.
This is the yacht we will be on (images below). We will have two options depending on how many people come on this trip. But each yacht has 4 cabins and 4 bathrooms. More details will be provided as soon as we have our trip meeting and/or you can contact me and we can discuss the trip.
Flying into Belize:
Phuket International Airport (HKT)
The yacht location is only a 5 minute car ride from the airport. Do not book your flights until you have had a conversation with Captain Charlie first. We need to coordinate everyone's arrivals and departures.
To learn more and get all the details check the link below: https://www.phuket101.net/phuket-travel-tips/